The December it is a time of not only Christmas holidays for ones, but also working days for others. Lithuania as other countries take cares about it’s citizens and foreign workers. Lithuanian people knows how important Christmas time is and that everyone wants to spend this time with family.
According to that let’s look the standard working hours and overtime.
Working time rate in Lithuania is 40 hours per week.
Overtime may be designated only upon the employee’s consent (except from exceptional cases set forth in the Labour Code). It is permitted to expand the list when the employee’s consent is not necessary in the collective agreement.
- 8 hours per 7 consecutive days, or
- 12 hours per 7 consecutive days if the employee expresses his/her consent in writing;
- Average maximum 48 working hours (including basic time and overtime) per week calculated over accounting period of up to 3 months;
- Maximum 180 hours within a year (unless extended in the collective agreement).
Overtime work is paid:
- At least 1,5 times of the employee’s wage;
- At least double wage for overtime on the day of rest that is not set in the work (shift) schedule or for overtime work at night;
- At least 2,5 times of the wage for overtime on public holidays.
But there are some marks about overtime payment to some companies roles.
Work shall not be paid for as overtime for these employees:
The head of the Company (overtime is not paid at all unless agreed otherwise in the employment contract);
Company‘s management staff (unless agreed otherwise in the employment contract) (overtime is paid only by regular rate). The number of such employees may constitute up to 20 percent of all employees on the average.
On the web site below you can find all public holidays in Lithuania: